Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Gus and I had a great Christmas. Since my parents have left for the winter, we spend it by ourselves. Well, not exactly by ourselves since I am surrounded by wonderful neighbors and co-workers. Gus and I went to a co-workers house for dinner on Christmas Eve. She lives in a neighboring mountain town and she has has 2 very good looking sons. And guess what, they were my age and not Gus'! Her boys were very nice to us and gave me and Gus a lot of attention. It didn't hurt that we ate Prime Rib and mashed potatoes until we were so full we had to go lounge on the carpet.

On Christmas Day, Gus got to open his presents. My wonderful friends and Gus' family sent him the most amazing presents! He got a tower with slides to sent car down from his Grandmommy. His Aunt Amy sent him a super cool trampoline. Our neighbors gave him a Kawasaki bike. His Aunt T sent him a pillow pet and a Redskins sweatshirt. And his mommy gave him a Thomas the Train engine house with a few extra engines to go in it. Gus has been in hog heaven with all his new toys and stuffed animals.

After presents, Gus and I went hiking with his favorite baby-sitter and her husband. Well, we hiked and Gus kept bumming rides from us. After we got back, Gus took a nap while his Thai babysitter learned how to decorate cookies. She is a Buddhist and is learning all of the American's crazy Christmas traditions. She was a natural at decorating.

Well, Gus and I are buckling down for a huge snow storm. Good thing he has so many toys to keep him occupied!



Gus helping me make cookies. He ate more dough then he made into cookies.


All of Gus' presents ready to be opened.






Gus is very strategic in his present opening. See the video on the next post.


Hiking in the beautiful mountains!

1 comment:

  1. Hiking on Christmas!? I've never heard of such craziness. It looks like you had fun anyway.

    ReplyDelete