Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, my Gus.

Can you believe it?! Gus is two! He turned 2 on January 17th. That was not a good day. He woke up with a fever and puked his milk all over his French toast. Gus couldn't even go to school and share his cupcakes with his friends at school. Thank goodness, my dad was visiting so he stayed home with Gus.

The day before his birthday, I had a little party for him. It was just my neighbor with her 3 kids. Heidi, her husband, their kids, me, and Gus all went to the rec center and went swimming. I tried to be domestic and made little gift bags for all the kids including goggles and pool toys. All and all it was a good time. We came home and had cupcakes. At least Gus got to be sung to without puking (unlike his actual birthday).

I also took Gus to the pediatrician for his 2 year check up. No vaccines on this trip! His lead levels are low. . . which is good because I am constantly on him about chewing on lead paint. . . just kidding. They did some random vision test, but it looked like voo doo magic to me. They turned the light out and shot a laser at his face and then declared he had good vision. His stats are the following:

Height 36 inches, 90%
Weight 31.6 lbs, 90%

I can't believe how much Gus has grown over the last 2 years and can't imagine what the next 2 years has in store. I love you, buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Be-lated birthday Gus! I am sorry you were sick. Hopefully you got better quickly and didn't get your mommy sick :)

    ReplyDelete