Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally, Milestones to report!

What a busy couple of weeks Gus has had. First, we had a blast on the 4th of July. I worked the night before, but after 2 hours of sleep, I was up and ready to celebrate! First, I dressed Gus in his Independence Day outfit. A friend gave this to me from her child's left over clothes. I remember back in March thinking "I will dress this in Gus on 4th of July!" And I did. We went for a walk and I bought him a little patriotic wheel thing. Then we went to a picnic where a neighbor of mine fed him a cookie! The sugar high that this boy had was unbelievable! You will be happy to know that Gus is a happy drunk. He laughed and giggled until he finally fell asleep. Here we are posing in front of the old Indian. I look good for being sleep deprived.




We meant to go for a hike the next day after the 4th of July. I found a really nice secluded mountain area. Then I got him all ready, but it turns out it was too muddy to hike. But doesn't he look adorable in his Kelty backpack?




Gus still makes his way to the pool most days of the week. This is a picture our old neighbors the Kady's took. They came out to visit us and we had a great time. Gus loves the water and loves swimming. I have tried to teach him that you CANNOT swim and suck on your toes at the same time.







This past weekend, we went on Gus's first camping trip. First we went to a small town that had this beer fest. My parents have been going to this even forever. You pay $25 and they give you a glass. Then you walk around the park to the different vendors where they fill your glass as many times as you wish with their micro beers. Again, it was on a Saturday and the night before I worked. Again, on 2 hours of sleep I tried to rally as best as I could. Here is Gus with Grandma and Pop pop at the festival.





Let's just say that Gus is not ready for camping. He was awake every two hours crying. I finally got up with him at 6 am and drove him down a bumpy road just to get him to go back to sleep. It was even more rough for Momma considering how sleep deprived I was. Sadly, I could not rally the second day. While Mommy rested, Gus went swimming (you know he loves it!) with Pop pop, Mr. Bob, his Uncle, Aunt, and cousins.
Posted by Picasa


Finally, Gus has had some real milestones. First of all he is cutting not one but TWO teeth! Poor baby boy. He is very stoic and hardly ever cries over it. They are the two bottom teeth. I tried to get pictures but they are so little so far and he is not very compliant with me taking the pictures. Second, and most important, I can happily report that Gus can officially roll over! Yes way! He goes from tummy to back like he's been doing it his whole life. I will try to upload the video onto this blog post when I can figure out how to do it.


Next week: Gus's 6 month doctor visit! NOT MORE SHOTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment