
We spent Thanksgiving with my brother at his house. Gus had a great time with his cousins, especially Eli who is only 18 months older than him. Eli showed him the ropes on how to play like a big boy. They had a lot of fun with trains, bikes, balls, and books. I really believe that Eli and Gus will be good friends forever.

Gus and I have really settled into the winter season out here. Gus is enjoying school at a local non-profit pre-school. While he goes to work at learning, I go to work at the community college. I am learning how to be a working mom. Since I am flying solo at this point, I have to get Gus up, feed us both breakfast, clean-up, make us both lunch, take him to school, go to work. Then come home in the evening, make dinner, clean-up, baths, books, and bedtime. Oh, and I have to care for old puppy dog and my two cats. I am exhausted just thinking about it!
As the holiday season is coming around, we put up a tree (fake tree because I feel bad about killing a tree for decorations for only a month), we put up other decorations and did some shopping. Gus has received presents from neighbors, his grandparents (both sides), and our awesome Aunt Ames. We also went to a local old hotel that always decorates for Christmas.
Visiting the decorated historic hotel


Getting ready to put up the tree
Still working on the tree. It looks better than this. I'll post a more recent picture using my cell phone.

Cool Dude

We have plans to go to one of my co-worker's house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Gus and I will be baking cookies.
Here is a final video which shows what a good little buddy I have. Gus is truly a good little boy.
Gus, she has you doing dishes already? What a mean mommie. come live with Auntie T, I won't make you do any chores. Kenzie just vaccumed the carpet for the first time yesterday and she is 11! She had a fit too. She argued and stomped her feet. She complained the whole time. I probably wont make her do it again just so I don't have to watch that whole scene again.
ReplyDeleteDon't foget to moisturize your hands after those dishes Gus. You don't want dishpan hands.