Saturday, February 26, 2011

This kid cracks me up


I am just in love with my little boy. I know I'm completely biased, but he has to be one of the sweetest natured, most easy going kids ever. Gus rarely cries and laughs all the time. He find humor in everyday life and loves to joke around. The kid can't even talk, and he still likes to make jokes and laugh. Gus doesn't have a huge fear of strangers (a healthy fear, yes) but he can charm the pants off of anyone. Especially the old 80 year old Mexican man sitting with his huge sombrero in the mall. He was sitting on that old man's lap where the man's hat in minutes. I uploaded a video at the end of a typical funny-kid Gus moment. 

As noted in my previous post, Gus scaled his crib. It all happened in a matter of hours. If you look at the pictures below, you can see it wasn't an easy crib to scale. At least not in my mind. The new non-dropside cribs let the mattress practically go to the floor. He really had to hoist himself up and over. After he escapade, I just removed the side. The following is a picture of Gus' first night in his "new" bed. When I went to go check on him after he fell asleep, I found 5 or 6 books at the foot of the bed. I put them away. Then in the morning, when I went to go check on him, he had more books!






My dad's German Shepherd mix turned 16 years old this week! Gus helps me with the care of Tasha. Whenever I turn around, Tasha (who has trouble getting up and is no longer into chew toys) always has her dog bowl or chew bone between her front two paws. Gus will bring stuff to her. I hope he is like that when I am old and senile! I inserted a video of Gus helping Tasha eat a cookie.



I cannot get rid of that damn Tigger costume. Whenever I put it in the "give away" pile, Gus finds it, puts it on and then it ends up back in his things. Then I take it out to make room for new stuff, Gus finds it and puts it on, and again IT WON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE! Here are some cute pictures of Gus in his Tigger costume playing in a box. He was just cracking me up!




Gus the comedian




Helping Tasha Out

1 comment:

  1. He is so funny. I love that hair too! Maybe I can shame Kenzie into reading a little if I tell her Gus likes to look at books and he doesn't even read yet. Kids just get more and more fun. When Kenzie started learning what sarcasim is and was trying to use it, omg, it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete