I promised myself that I wasn't going to "force" potty training on Gus. I was just going to wait until he was 3 and let him do it at his own pace. My brother gave me his kids little potties and Gus was instantly attracted to them! Not to get too into detail on my kids bowel and bladder habits, but Gus has a trait that makes him easy to potty train. He has always hated having pee and poo in his pants. In fact, when he poops in his diaper, he won't even walk. He kind of waddles to the closest adult possible and goes "poo poo".
I haven't found success yet although things are going well. Today, he spent the whole day in big boy underwear and only had one accident! And even then he came running to me holding his private parts going "pee pee, momma, pee pee." He hates being wet and I had to change him immediately. I only give him praise no matter what, which isn't hard to do since he is such a good boy!
I'll keep you posted on our progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment