Thursday, March 31, 2011

Boo Boo




Being a single mom can be really hard sometimes. Between working a full time job and having my little boy full time, I can easily lose my patience. When my mom was here, she taught Gus that every time he has a "boo boo" he gets a kiss on his "boo boo". No big deal, right? Well it is! Seriously every time he gets a boo boo, the world stops until he gets his kiss. Even if I am trying to get ready for work or trying to cook dinner. . .kiss boo boo. And honestly, 90% of the time, it isn't even a real injury. He could just barely hit his hand on a chair, and he come to me crying, "boo boo! boo boo!" I admit, I wanted to kill my mom. I don't have time to kiss his boo boos! 

Tonight, I was playing on the floor with him when he wanted me to get a toy from under the couch. I snagged my nail as I was reaching in to get the toy. I kind of flinched and said, "ouch". I continued to look for the toy and Gus started tugging on my hand. I thought he wanted me to go do something else. I kept trying to put my hand under the couch and he kept pulling my hand toward him. Finally, I gave in and let him take my hand. He gently put my finger up to his mouth and gave it a little kiss! I'm not an emotional person, but I swear I almost cried. It felt so incredibly good  to have someone kiss my boo boo! 

And so, I had an epiphany. I had an eureka moment. Now, it isn't such a bother for me for me to stop what I am doing to kiss his boo boo. Now I know how stopping and kissing his boo boo makes him feel loved and special. Now, I will always kiss my Gus Gus' boo boos!   

1 comment:

  1. Connie, he is just a gorgeous boy! These two pictures really show how much he has grown. It's great to get a little love back when you give so much. It just gets better from here.

    ReplyDelete