Monday, August 30, 2010

Bedtime Ritual

Now that I am going to write more often, I have to think of specific things to talk about that most people don't care about. But if you love Gus and me enough to read this blog, then maybe you will like my boring topics!

Its funny how certain routines have come to be. Seems like I don't set the routines, but Gus and I do it together. Take for instance his bedtime routine. Most nights, Gus gets a bath before bed. Then he gets his PJs on and I make him his milk and take him down to his room. About 6 months ago I bought this over-sized leather-like chair for his room. If you are a new parent and don't have a reading chair in your room, you are missing out on some good times. Here is Gus in his chair. Here he is by himself but usually we are snuggled on the chair together reading. I asked him to model his reading chair with his milk, book and Peter (Peter is the name of his lovey).



Gus lets me read him books like "Goodnight Moon", "I love you because you are you" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". Yes, I use the word "let" me. I have to bribe him to let me read him these books. If he had it his way, we'd only read truck (ckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk) and train (choo choo) books. His favorite is "100 First Machines". Gus sits on my lap, drinks his milk, and we read book. After that, Gus and I run down the hall to the bathroom. He is so cute, he stops in front of the steps and very gently sets his empty milk cup on the step for me to bring up stairs. Then, he brushes his own teeth. . . with a motorized electric toothbrush. Those boys and their toys!
Finally, after brushing his teeth, he turns it off, and places it on the sink. Then he literally sprints back down the hall to his room and tries to climb into his crib. What a good little boy! He loves going to bed with Peter and his music. He looks up at me and I can see his eyes that he is saying, "Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out, Mom!"






With that, I close the door and night night Gussie! And that is our bedtime routine.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute routine!! And what a big boy!! Night night Gus! and Peter! soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the blog is back! Tell Gus there is definitely a lot more truck action next door now that the building is getting bigger. If he's only came a few weeks later!!!

    ReplyDelete